When are Scholarships offered?
Twice a year, the Scholarship Committee of La Biblioteca Pública A.C. offers you the opportunity to apply for a high school and university scholarship. Applications begin to be accepted in January with a deadline on the last day of the same month. Applications are also accepted during the first week of June and the deadline is the first week of July.
Which are the requirements?
Applications can be filled directly in WORD or Google Documents. Fill out the application completely from your device (computer, iPad or phone) to ensure that all your information is legible.
- Proof of address
- Copy of Ballot for the last semester completed
- Copy of current membership of the Public Library A.C.,
- Have a current minimum GPA of 8.5
I’m just starting high school or college?
- Send a copy of the academic history of the school you graduated from
- Present proof / registration of your new school
How to Name and save your Request:
Example1: univ scholarship _ MariaVanessa_GomezHernandez.pdf
Example2: scholarship prepa _ManuelJose_TorresFernandez.pdf
Attach your request and send your email:
- The subject of your email must indicate:
Example1: univ scholarship – MariaVanessa_GomezHernandez
Example2: preparatory scholarship – ManuelJose_TorresFernandez
- Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In emails you send to email@example.com always make sure to introduce yourself with your full name.
Example: Good morning, I’m Maria Vanessa Gomez Hernandez, and she applied for a university scholarship.
- DOCUMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED WITH WHATSAPP.
IMPORTANT: Incomplete applications and multiple photos of separate requirements are not accepted. To ensure that the images / photos of the requirements and your application are not lost, add new pages at the end of the application to paste the photos / images and send only one document in just one email.
If your application is chosen for the next step, you will receive an invitation by call and by mail for an interview.
If you do not get a scholarship, you will receive a letter in the mail from the scholarship committee thanking you for your application and wishing you the best of luck in your academic studies.
What if I get a SCHOLARSHIP?
You will be part of the Community of Scholars of the Public Library A.C., since you are a scholarship holder, you will receive a scholarship 2 times a year.
THE PUBLIC LIBRARY SCHOLARSHIPS
New High School Scholarship: 2020 to 2021 is 2,200 pesos in February and 2,200 in August.
- New University Scholarship: 2020 to 2021 is 4,400 pesos in February and 4,400 pesos in August.
- Scholarship Plus: 20,000 pesos in total distributed for one year – Only for current university scholars who are in their last or penultimate year before graduating. This scholarship is not offered to students applying for scholarship for the first time.
- Extra Scholarship: 10,000 in total distributed during one year – Only for university scholars who are in their last or penultimate year before graduating. This scholarship is not offered to students applying for scholarship for the first time.
- 50/50 Scholarship – Consists of support for certification expenses. Only for University Scholars. It is recommended that scholarship recipients submit the 50/50 application while they are within the period of the last two years before Exit. The fellow and family members will save 50% of the certification costs. The Scholarship Committee will pay the other 50% of the costs directly to the appropriate department of the university in the form of a check or transfer. This scholarship is not offered to students applying for scholarship for the first time.
Select and download the application that corresponds to you:
LINK – New High School Scholarship for January 2021
LINK – New University Scholarship for January 2021
Application for Renewal of Scholarships and Scholarships from # 3 to # 5 – They will be sent by mail during the first week of each period January and July to the current Scholars of the Public Library A.C.,
Any doubts? You can send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org