El área infantil prácticamente existe desde que se fundó la biblioteca, es decir en el año 1954, pues nuestra fundadora Helen Wale, quien presta en su casa una área como biblioteca para niños, y para el año de 1958 se mudaron al actual edificio.
The Children’s area has existed since the library was founded in 1954, when our founder Helen Wale created a children’s library in her home. In 1958, everything was moved to our current building.
In the Children’s and Youth rooms, we have approximately 3,000 books in both English and Spanish languages for various ages. We also have encyclopedias and dictionaries available. In the Children’s Room, we have a beautiful mural with the theme of Mexican toys made with the great imagination of artist Nickerson in 1960.
We offer courses and workshops listed below for students ages 8 and up. Many are free of cost to library members or might include a small fee for materials, not to exceed 50 pesos.
- Arts & Crafts
- Promotion of reading
- English for children and adults
- Computer skills for children and adults
- Story time
- Science Club
- Painting for children and youth
- Embroidery with fabric cutouts and fancy threads
- Language skills for the hearing impaired
- Mathematics, calculus and geometry for high school and university ages